I love contests, especially ones where I can win yummy prizes. Okay, maybe not literally tasty but literary tasty. As in, yummy for the brain. And since I can't enter a certain Name This Rump contest, I'm passing the details along to you. In hopes, of course, that you will agree the prizes are, in fact, brain yummy and warrant your entry in the contest.
So here goes: Name This Rump, hosted by Elephant's Bookshelf Press.
But before I get to the details: are you at all curious why I can't enter this contest? Three reasons:
- I am an author at EBP. My short story, SOLAR FLARE, was published by them in The Fall: Tales from the Apocalypse.
- My short story SKIN WRITER, has been accepted for publication by EBP in the summer anthology coming out June of 2013.
- I am one of the prizes you can select if you participate in the contest and WIN. Not me personally, but my YA novel Whispering Minds.
NAME THIS RUMP RULES
- Hop on over to Elephant's Bookshelf Press and leave your suggested name for their little pachyderm in the comments section on the Contests page by April 15th.
- Check back on April 30th for a Top Ten list and vote for your favorite name.
- If your name wins, collect one of the following for your prize: copy of the summer anthology (June 2013); copy of Whispering Minds (Fall 2013); or for the kidlets, a personalized postcard by yours truly--er the elephant--and a copy of either above mentioned book for your parent or teacher who helps you suggest a name.
- (If you don't win, you can still enjoy any of EBP's books at this time or in the future. Seriously, elephants need to eat and this little guy likes his peanuts.)
- While this isn't technically a rule, I know the big guy pressing the books up there would like a wide range of names to pick from, so please pass along info on this fun and completely frivolous contest.
I don't know about you, but I'd hate to see him named Archibald by default.