Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stripped Down Sunday: Photo Shopping Your Face

A writer friend of mine admitted that she had her head-shot photo shopped to get rid of the wispy hairs on her forehead. I, too, have photo shopped my face, but only once. I erased the crow's feet from around my eyes for our Christmas card.

It's not a proud moment, as I firmly believe in being who we are--in all our perfections and imperfections for the world to see.

And yet, every day, we get up, shower, do our hair, add some make up, dress in certain styles and spend inordinate amounts of time trying to improve our image. Why?

And to what lengths will we go to show the world on the outside what we feel like on the inside? What are we willing to do to show everyone that we are beautiful and worthy in some way. Even if our unruly hair or wrinkles get in the way.

Isn't it enough to be who we are?

No comments: