WHISPERING MINDS GIVEAWAY: Day SixLife can be cruel. Bullies, boy friends and bad decisions can make a teen's life nearly impossible. If you'd like a break from the preceding three B's, move to the next letter of the alphabet and enter to win your copy of Crewel by Gennifer Albin.
In Crewel, Miss Albin weaves an intriguing tale where sixteen-year-old Adelice Lewys wants nothing more than to fail--because to succeed means to be ripped from her family and placed in the Guild as a gifted Spinster where she has the power to manipulate the very fabric of life.
The thread that connects Adelice and Gemini: they both live in a crewel world where events outside their control weave together lives of hardship and heartache.
I loved this dystopian romance, though I'm certainly not the only one. Reviewers rave about this novel, claiming similarities between it and Hunger Games. Here's what some esteemed peeps are saying, as taken from Crewel's Amazon page:
- The halls of Coventry are dark and twisted places readers will want to visit." —The New York Times Book Review
- "Albin has created a unique world that is as fascinating as it is frightening. Absolutely thrilling!" —Josephine Angelini, bestselling author of Starcrossed
- "The next big YA thing-to-come." —The Atlantic Wire
- "An incredibly interesting mix." —Hypable.com
- "Unusual, brilliant." —MTV’s The FabLife.com
- "If you liked The Hunger Games, try Crewel." —Redbook.com
- "The next big dystopian blockbuster." —Booklist
- "Captivating and intense, the right balance of mystery, romance, and drama." —Publishers Weekly
- "Aspects of Crewel bring comparisons to The Hunger Games." —VOYA
a Rafflecopter giveaway